Casa de Retiro Luis Elizondo:
Is a non-profit organization which was founded in 1956, as “Asilo de Ancianos Luis Elizondo” providing assisted living to the elderly in poor economic situations.
This retirement home was the most preferred charity work done by it’s founder, Luis Elizondo Lozano, the late philanthropist born and raised in Monterrey, Mexico.
From his personal notes: “Out of all the charitable trusts I have founded, the one that has giving me the greatest satisfaction was building this retirement home for the most needed. Ever since my wife an I visited the municipal retirement home on a Christmas party event, we were so impressed with the warming reception that everybody gave us. From that moment on, we decided to build a retirement home specially planned for this purpose.”
- Being at least 65 years of age.
- Being mentally sound.
- Taking care of yourself without assistance.
- Willing to be part of our community.
- Have two responsible adults on file.
Elders that are not candidates to join us:
- Alzheimer patients and any type of senile dementia (up to the 4th degree).
- Elders with arm or leg amputations.
- Psychiatric patients.
- Patients confined to beds.
Other services provided:
- Special groups.
- Special attention.
- Daily mass.
- Daily Rosary praying.
- Spiritual activities.